Tuesday, November 2, 2010

San Diego Food & Beverage makers


Hola San Diego foodies!
I'm on a quest to find makers of high quality food and beverages in Southern California and want to tap into the vast foody wealth of knowledge of all my foody friends out in the blogosphere in finding them.
I want to start to change the blog over to covering the small but growing cottage industry of small makers in Southern California.
So if know of any small company that is handcrafting high quality foodstuffs, hit me up with their info and we will do an indepth article on them. 
It should be fun and I look forward with your help in identifying and bringing to the internet all of the locals who take pride in what they are making. Together we can make sure the current growth in small sustainable makers stays alive.
Please feel free to drop me a line or comment and any insight you might have on the local makers.

Cheers!

Michael

5 comments:

Dennis K. said...

I think this is super Michael!! And you'd be the man up for the task with your great writing skilz. I'll definitely let you know when I think of something... Cheers

Michael said...

Hi Dennis! thank you for the so kind words my friend. It should be fun as I was running out of words to describe the various eateries I go to. I already have started a lengthy list of makers in the San Diego County alone and am amassing one for the OC and LA.
Cheers!

Michael

caninecologne said...

hi michael - i like the chocolates at eclipse chocolat (on el cajon). do local made sweets count?

Michael said...

Of course Sweets count. There is a chocolate maker in El Cajon that does spectacular stuff! It's tough right now around the holidays as most small shops are busy or on vacation. But I look forward to seeking them all out.

caninecologne said...

hi michael - i've posted on eclipse several times. it's right off el cajon and alabama, next to pizzeria luigi's.

the guy also makes awesome cupcakes with dark chocolate ganache, infused with herbs, spices, etc...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...