Wednesday, July 4, 2007

The Legendary Dodger Dog - Dodger Stadium LA


































Being die hard San Diego Padres fans it felt like going into the belly of the beast at Chavez Ravine, otherwise known as Dodger Stadium, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers my beloved Padres rivals in the National League.

But the quest would be worth it I assured Sue. For we were on the hunt for what possibly could be the finest hot dog in the Major Leagues. The Legendary Dodger Dog. I remembered from my youth when we would caravan up the coast to see the game and wolf down 2 or 3 of these culinary delights in a row.
1.6 million Dodger Dogs are sold every year. The number one dog of choice in all of baseball. Check out these stats for hot dogs sold in 2006.

1. Dodger Stadium 1.61 million
2. Coors Field 1.5 million
3. Wrigley Field 1.47 million
4. Yankee Stadium 1.3 million
5. Minute Maid Park 1.2 million
6. Angel Stadium 1.1 million
7. Ameriquest Field 996,000
8. Metrodome 883,500
9. Jacobs Field 595,000
10. Oriole Park at Camden Yards 400,000

Wow, Lots of dogs.

You can get them either steamed or grilled. Each a foot long and $4.75 a pop.

I prefer the grilled ones. they have that 4th of July backyard Southern California grilled taste, grill marks and all. Tucked into a fresh steamed bun and then loaded up with mustard, Ketchup, onions and relish. And not that sweet relish stuff but the real relish made with chopped up Dill pickles. Craving one right now.

At first bite it was just as I had remembered. A slight hot doggy pop of the skin as I bit into my first one. Moist with that great hot dog taste. A West Coasts Nathans I asked? Nope, West Coasts own Dodger Dog. Love the Dodgers or hate them, These are the best dogs in Baseball. But then again. I have only been to two Major League parks. But they definetly blow away the tasteless and dried dogs that are served up at the "Bark Park" otherwise known as Petco Park. Those are real "Dogs" if ya know what I mean.
Even though my Padres lost. it was a perfect day and the world seemed right again. Dodger Dog, sunny day a cold beer and Baseball. Ahhhh, Summer time.

I think Sue will have another opinion on these dogs being from the East Coast and all. we shall see.
Chow.
Michael









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...